Monday, December 10, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Inspired by: 12 Tags of Tim Holtz

Good morning!! I am so excited today, for we have a challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show where we were to create a project inspired by one of Tim Holtz 12 tags. Oh how to choose....for I love everything this man does!! I know...who doesn't ?!?! lol Below I have a large #10 tag to share with you...Tim always has the best flowers on his tags, so that was my starting point of inspiration, as well as this June tag of Tim's HERE. Love the metal leafs and custom dyed ribbon!!!!
I have a few photos to share of my process below.
As per my usual lately....I made some hand-made paper using these beautiful spray inks, watercolour paper, and sea salt. You can see the technique HERE.
 In the next photo I want to share a tip....many of you might already do this:) I first put my arrangement/embellishments on a piece of clear plastic. This enables me to easily move things around, and around, and around, and I can put it over the area on the tag I am thinking of permanently adhering them to. A good few times this has saved me from ripping things off to reapply other places....

that being said...I still did do that with this tag! After I glued down the rolled flowers with my Glossy Accents....this really is one of the best adhesives in my opinion :) I had to carefully rip off two....to switch places :) OCD in full swing!!


A little close-up :)


Another Tim Holtz inspiration is how he dyes his ribbon with the Distress Inks Stains, and then adds a cluster of embellishments as a tag topper. I added a bit of my hand spun yarn to give it my touch :)This is the same yarn in the hand crocheted flower on the tag.


I know you will want to join us for this challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!! So I highly suggest you pop on over and check out the awesome Tim Holtz tag inspired projects from the dt !!! I can't wait to see all the projects you all make!!!
One lucky participant will win a $50 dollar store voucher at Simon Says Stamp Superstore!
Have a fantastic day! Hugs, TRace








13 comments:

Pajalu said...

This is so gorgeous! I love your tags they rock. Thanks for all the tips on how you made this card.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your flower arrangement caught and kept my eye...I couldn't look elsewhere for a bit! Love the crocheted flower, and all the metal bits! Your salted background is FABULOUS!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Trace, love your background and you have used one of my favourite colour combinations, it looks particularly striking here. Your flower arrangement is so eye catching and I love the crochet flower. Gorgeous. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Trace...your tag is so lovely! I love the bright blues and reds! I love your background with the sea salt technique. That random stamping of the honeycomb in the background is very effective! Love the introduction of the red hearts and flowers! They really jump off of the tag! The red ribbon and twine at the top really finish off this tag nicely! <3 Candy

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love your beautiful tag again! I enjoy red & blue together for Christmas, very much and your background is awesome. Shirleyx

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous tag Trace! Love the textured background and the flowers are absolutely stunning! Fabulous colour combo and sentiment too.

Sandra said...

Stunning tag! I'm so loving your salt background technique. still haven't had the change to try it myself! Love the embellies too! Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Bond says....this is not a tag it's the present. I am sure the lucky receiver of this tag would agree. Great tip for placement of embelishments too, thanks. Love it.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful background and love the red accents on the lovely blue background Gorgeous tag!

Nancy K said...

Wow, I'm so inspired by your tags! This latest one is amazing; I love all of the fabulous and unique details you've added and that sentiment, it's wonderful advice!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I always love red and blue together!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow, I adore this tag, Trace! I really like the colors and the sentiment is perfect and OH SO TRUE!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anonymous said...

Glad you mentioned your crafting tip. There is always bound to be someone - like me - who didn't know about it. Love the salted background. I must remember that next time I'm making backgrounds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...