Saturday, May 28, 2011

With Sympathy

Unfortunately....I needed to make a sympathy card for my friend Beth...her mom passed away.
I am a HUGE fan of Tami Hartley and I have been wanting to CASE and try a technique by Tami Hartley for some time now...you can check it out HERE.

Here is my card:


I have use the colour stories from two challenges....Color Throwdown #143 and Totally Hues Challenge #7. They are so pretty?!!!


Just wanted to show you all a close-up picture to show panel....I did alter Tami's technique a bit. After covering the stamped inked panel with UTEE, I spritzed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  While it was still wet I got out the heat gun and dried it....it kinda melted into the UTEE...LOVE the look!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts CL476 With Sympathy and S5507 Envelope Pattern.
Cardstock: Neenah and PTI
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks in worn lipstick, scattered straw, crushed olive, and spun sugar. Copic to colour ribbon and Versafine onyx black for sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by ladies!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, TRace

11 comments:

Barb said...

Stunning sympathy card, Trace! What a wonderful effect! So sorry about your friend's mom. I'm sure she'll appreciate this lovely card.

Pajalu said...

I'm sorry that you had to make this card. But having said that it is truely one amazing card xoxoxoxoxo

Shirley said...

I looked at the other technique and then this one. I like the both, but I think I am inclined to try this one!!

~amy~ said...

Neat look on that technique!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

wow, that's a cool technique.

Cathy A said...

This looks so cool with the shimmer

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I've never heard of this technique but now I want to try it--LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this! LOVE that panel! Beautiful colors:)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very pretty technique! So sorry about your friend's mom! It's a beautiful card, she will be deeply touched!

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Love how you flower panel turned out, it's uber cool!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, wow! Such a great technique and beautiful creation! TFS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...