Monday, February 18, 2013

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Metal-ology


Good Monday morning to you all!! I know....just trying to be positive :)
This week, our challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show is to incorporate some form of metal into your project. I immediately thought this would make a perfect manly card for my hubby :)


I started by laying down chipboard letters on some scrap paper. I cut-out random rectangle shapes from Rangers Foil Tape Sheets, and smoothed them over the letters. I ran out of foil tape, so you can see two of the corners I just coloured black....This is a HUGE step for me in my quest for less "perfection striving" me lol!!!




 I added a few different "metal" elements to my card. I LOVE the mini gears from Tim Holtz idea-ology line, I added a few washers, brads, and vintage buttons too.



Our weekly sponsor Simon Says Stamp Superstore, is once again offering up an oh so generous prize of $50 dollar store voucher to one random participant!!!


I so hope you can join in on the fun at Simon Says Stamp and Show! You will definitely want to stop over there and see the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team :)
Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Hugs, TRace

14 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Perfect card for your hubby indeed! Love the layered pieces of foil over the chipboard letters. The riveting touch is a lovely detail and the finished embellies are perfect!

Candy C said...

Trace...beautiful manly card! Love your faux embossing technique. Hugs, Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Trace, great card, perfect masculine piece and I love your lettering too. I am sure you will be using the metal even more after this experimentation. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fun and fab hubby card! I am sure he loved it!!! The gears are so cool here!

Anonymous said...

Bond says....Yes very manly indeed. Love the look of metal on this card. I am sure your hubby will love it.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Your hubby is going to love this super cool masculine card, Trace! I love the texture!!


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous card! Love what you did here!

Ava Gavloski said...

Tracey, great card.. love those masculine cards. Watch for my email... I see you are in my neck of the woods and want to chat it up with you....wink wink
Ava Gavloski

Carole said...

I LOVE it!

Katie said...

Thought this was so cool! Loved seeing it on the Simon Says Stamp blog! Thanks for showing us how you formed the letters. Also love the perforations at the seams of each sheet. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sandra said...

beautiful card for you hubby, Trace! I know he's gonna love it! Very pretty! Hugs, Sandra

Anna-Karin said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the sprinkles of all the different metallic items on top of that fabulous background.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow... I love those dimensional metal letters; the extra shading really makes them pop - and all those added elements are so cool!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

you outdid yourself on this one!!! AMAZING!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...