Monday, December 31, 2012

Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Mad Tea Party

Good morning :) I'm here today to share a DT project for our latest challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Mad Tea Party. It is a NO RULES week! For me, the theme of Mad Tea Party evokes visions of Alice in Wonderland with all sorts of crazy unexpected elements; and a whole bunch of bright and wild colours!!! So I ran with that thought and came up with this tag:) I little more simple then I first envisioned, but I am happy with it :)

 
I think you all know my routine now.....LOL....I started with some home made paper :) I really could spend all day playing with ink sprays and making papers. Just need someone to pay me to do this :) You can see a mini tutorial HERE. This time I used a laundry whitener rather then sea salt, and you get a whole bunch of new colours because of it YAY!!! A brighter paper :)
I actually create my papers on 11 X 15 inch watercolour papers, and cut out what I need from them. "go big or go home" right???  For this project I will glue it on a # 10 manila tag.
 
I LOVE hand dying my ribbon to match :)



I just had to add some sparkle...


Initially I planned to cover the whole tag with doodles, but again I did not want to hide the pretty background :) I still may go back and add a few small ones though lol.

 One lucky participant will be the winner of a $50 dollar store voucher to Simon Says Stamp Superstore....really who does not want this!!!!
 

I so hope you can join in on this Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge...I would LOVE to see all the different takes on Mad Tea Party!
Have a wonderful crafty day! TRace

20 comments:

Sandra said...

This bright colorful tag is fabulous! It's all mad with color :) and I really like it! Still need to give your amazing sea salt/laundry powder technique a go! Something to do in the new year... Hope you'll have a wonderful and creative 2013! Hugs, Sandra

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love your beautiful & vibrant tag ! The doodle are wonderful too, Happy New Year, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Bond says....ooohhh ya know I love these colors, all my faves. I love the doodles, that is something I have been wanting to try to play with. Thanks for the reminder. Trace I wish you a very Happy and Creative New Year. All the best of health and happiness to you and the fam. <3

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous background! Love the vibrant colors! The sentiment is wonderful and perfect! Happy Happy New Year!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Wow I love this bright colourful tag Tracey!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous tag Trace, wonderful use of colour, love the vibrancy. The doodling is perfect set against the vibrant colours. Love the text, design and layout. Tracy x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Sorry Happy New Year. Tracy x

Anna-Karin said...

Fabulous festive tag Trace! Love the background and the sentiment is perfect. Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, I LOVE the vibrant colours.

Pajalu said...

Hi Tracey, This is such a gorgeous tag!!! I love the colours, your papers look amazing (you should sell them!)Love this tag & the quote is perfect for the mad hatter party or New Years eve ;). Happy New Year & I hope that 2013 is the best yet.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I'm really loving the bright palette you went with for this tag, Trace! And the sentiment is perfect!

Happy New Year!
*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Candy C said...

Trace...your brightly color tag is so pretty! I love the Dylusional sprays and how you've blended them into such cool colors! The black and white design running through the tag is very striking! Love the hand dyed ribbons as the top as well. As always, a very cool piece. Happy 2013! <3 Candy

Julie Shearer said...

I love the bright " Happy " feel of this tag . How fun . Also , I really like your doodling . Great job ! TFS .

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Wow! That is beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! LOVE those colors :)

Katy said...

This makes me so happy! I love the colors and charms. Hmmm maybe I should get a tiara ;)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love, love, love your brightly hand dyed tag and ribbons. Your doodles are outstanding too. Happy New Year!

Maura said...

Love the bright cheery colors!

Words and Pictures said...

Lush colours and fabulous sparkle!
Alison x

Marlena M. said...

Amazing work Tracey~I love the vibrancy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...