Monday, November 28, 2011

Back in time with Ellen Hutson and Julia

Hello friends, I am back again :) I think two weeks of no crafting has totally sparked my desire to mass produce lol!! I found another Anniversary challenge at the Ellen Hutson CLASSroom blog. We were to use a previous technique from the CLASSroom blog. I have been meaning to try this one for the longest time...HERE it is by Julia Stainton..

I basically all out copied Julia, except I used the following Copic colours:  G05, YG25, BG15, and B05. It felt so good to get out my neglected Copics :)
I did use rubbing alcohol instead of the Copic Blending Solution. I used the exact same Hero Arts clear set CL549 Butterflies & Wildflowers, but a different HA sentiment:  CL476.
Thanks for stopping by to visit again :)
Hugs, TRace

6 comments:

Barb said...

I remember creating one like this too, Tracey - isn't it a fun technique? Yours turned out so beautifully! :)

Lin said...

So glad to see you posting again, Trace....hope you are feeling better....LOVE these wonderful vibrant colors and that sentiment is one of my all time favorites! The gingham background tugs at my heart too :))

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card! Love to see you creating again! Must try this technique!

Maureen Morton said...

This is so great - love the look and the richness. Could you double-check your link? I couldn't get to Julia's technique and I am so anxious to learn how this is done. Thanks!

chaun said...

Oh darn! I don't think the link is working, and I really want to try this! I have a card exchange to do for a meeting tonight, and I'd like to try this. Can someone please tell me how to do it?
Thanks!

Tracey said...

Not sure why the link won't work, but here is the manual link and date of post: .seems to be working on my end...here is the link this way:
http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/the_classroom_new/2011/09/color-bleed-grid-technique-by-julia-stainton.html
Hope it works for you!!! If not it was from Sept 23/2011, so you would not have to scroll to far to find in in the CLASSroom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...