Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Still in LOVE with Aqua!!!

AND my hubby of twenty years!!!! Gord's birthday is next Sunday, so I thought I better get going and make him his B-Day card!! Hope he thinks "aqua" is a "manly" colour LOL!! I personally think it can play both sides....that doesn't sound to good hahahaha.


I am LOVING the current challenge at CAARDvarks, it is this sketch by Becky Fleck:



So here is my card, inspired by the beautiful Cuban waters :)


I once again pushed myself to pull out some "older" stamps to use....it really is helping me with my quilt over getting so many new ones LOL!! All the strips are made using Hero Art stamps and Tim Holtz Distress Inks in colours Broken China and Walnut Stain.

Supplies:
Hero Arts stamps: CL139 Birthday Messages, S5141 Four Leaf Grid, LP128 Artistic Windows, S5101 Raindrop Background, S5216 Grid Pattern, and CG125 Friend Definition.
Paper: PTI
Martha Stewart punch
recycled buttons

Thanks for stopping by, Have a FANTASTIC day!!!
Hugs,
TRace

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a fabbie card!!!! He's going to love his birthday card!

Lin said...

Oh, I think this is gorgeous, Trace! I know he will love it!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Ahhh...great manly card, your DH WILL love it! And look at you two, so happy and healthy!!

Lucy Abrams said...

Wow - gorgeous card. Aqua is perfectly manly - especially when paired with brown. And that photo is GORGEOUS!!!

Jill said...

The texture and details on this is just fabulous! Great card and awesome pic, too! :)

Alice said...

you take on the sketch is just fabulous, Tracey! and wow! you both look so fit! thanks for sharing your photo!!

donna mikasa said...

Love your card--isn't this your second one? Great take on the sketch! And I guess I'd better start MAJOR training after seeing your bod! You both look FANTASTIC!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Perfect for your DH. Awesome picture of you and your hubby.

Nancy said...

Love that card...what a terrific design for that sketch. The aqua and brown is wonderful together. Love your photo too, I think I should start doing triathlons, you look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, beautiful colours!! Aqua's my fav!

Anonymous said...

To find more conservative women, there were that this "lounging"
or "hostess" pyjamas. Conduct an online satisfaction questionnaire.

The specific ugly phrases included "Pelosi hates North america. This is the extremely design she wore to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. http://thehotline.conceptproductionz.com/activity-stream/p/62745/

Anonymous said...

Because of the limited collection, the designers only acted as around with these colours.
paul smith Woman is one particular more flowery summer fragrance.
May well truly essential factors the Disney express.
What makes paul smith shirts males outstanding
and any more preferred? http://o8g-room.vaioclub.com/modules.
php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=LaraStein

My site paul smit

Anonymous said...

At hand are ladies using a handbags for individual mood and incident.
Today the company manufactures nearly a lot of stuff from furniture
returning to Kidrobot toys. Narrowboat life is solution for the puts strain
on of modern morning , living. Which should be Is just there
anything similar I can may for you? http://www.
ipnfa.org/forum/index.php//index.php//index.
php//index.php//index.php//index.php//index.php/index.php?
page=User&userID=9120

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...